A. Three and half years: Chief of Business Development in the first successful private SEZ in Surat as SENIOR VICE - PRESIDENT
B. Ph. D in Management studies - Florida State University in International Marketing .
C. Total industry experience as Vice President, Senior Vice President and Managing Director for eleven years. July 1993 - June 2003 in International Trading.
D. Recognized Ph.D. guide in Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune.
E. Author of “INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS” the best seller prescribed in Indian and American Universities and “DOING BUSINESS AROUND THE WORLD” published by the Government of Gujarat.
F. Research studies were undertaken: ECGC- Ministry of Commerce, for five years, SISI: Ministry of Industry and many more for Ahmedabad Management Association.
G. Trainer and Faculty in Saint Mary’s College of Management, Moraga, California, USA.
H. Guest faculty at the University of Mauritius, reputed institutes in Mumbai and Great Lakes in Chennai in the field of International Business.
I. The first management faculty in Somaiya Institute, Mumbai and continued for 10 yrs.
J.Eight years(from 2003 to 2011) as a Director and Director General in Pillai`s group of institutions in New Panvel Campus, where the growth was phenomenal during my tenure as a head.
*. Best faculty award winner in 2000 from the World Trade Center, Mumbai. Trained more than 1,50,000 executives in India and abroad over the period of 30 years.
*. Contributed to Globalization related programs in India through World Trade Centre, since 1989 till today.
*. Set up prestigious post graduate diploma programme in Foreign Trade at the World Trade Center, Mumbai, St.Xaviers, Mumbai and AMA, Ahmedabad.
1. Strategic Approach to Indian Engineering Industry,
Published in ‘Technocrat’ Magazine in 1985.
2. Hand Book for Exporters Text Book published by Somaiya Publications with Dr. Y.R.Ullal – 1985
3. Competitive Strategies for India, published by World Trade Centre, Mumbai. - circulated in 182 World Trade Centers in the world in 1990.
4. INDO-ASEAN: Partners in Progress – published in World Trade News - Presented in the International Conference in the year 1991.
5. Exploring European Business via Mauritius - published by ‘Indian Shipping News’ in 1991.
6. Exploration of the Land of Black Gold and GCC -published by Indo-Arab Chamber of Commerce in 1992.
7. Doing Business with COMESA - published by Indo African Chamber of Commerce, 1995.
8. Indo-Latin America – Retrospects and Prospects - Published by Basic Chemicals, Pharmaceutical and Cosmetics Export Promotion Council in 2000.
9. Doing Business with Ever Growing European Union, in 2001 - Published by Basic Chemical Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Export Promotion Council – 2001.
10. Customer Oriented Mid-Term Strategy. - Published by Export Credit and Guarantee Corporation of India, Ministry of Commerce in 2002.
11. International Marketing - A book published by World Trade Centre, Mumbai in 2002
1. World Special Economic Zone Summit 2001
(3 days: Presentation, moderation and chairing panel discussion)
2. 24 Seminar Programmes for Basic Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics Export Promotion Council on:
(a) Doing Business with LAC
(b) Focus Sub- Saharan Africa
(c) Exploring CIS countries
(d) Marketing Development Assistance and Market Access Initiatives
(e) Doing Business with European Union
3. Seminar Programmes for Indo- Arab Chamber of Commerce
(a) Exploring the Market in Saudi Arabia
(b) Doing Business with UAE
(c) Market approach to Sultanate of Oman.
(d) Bahrain – the destination for Investment and Trade.
4. Twenty five programs for Federation of Indian Exports Organisation (FIEO).
5. Twenty management programs for Export Credit and Guarantee Corporation of India.
6. Six seminars for Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FICCI).
7 .Twenty seminars for Indo-African Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
* Senior Vice - President, SURSEZ, the first private Special Economic Zone in India, for three and half years.
* Managing Director, SUNCHAN TRADING LLC, a multi-product, multi-location and multi-strategic International Trading company for 4 years.
* Vice-President, Target Enterprises, a Mumbai based organization for its overseas operations for three and half years.
All those companies the job profile was to explore business, execute orders and complete the business cycle through a committed team of professionals.
* Vice-President, Indo-Arab Chamber of Commerce & Industries
* Vice-President Indo-African Chamber of Commerce & Industries
* Expert Trainer – Basic Chemical & Pharmaceutical & Cosmetic Export Promotion Council, Ministry of Commerce.
* Expert Faculty to Federation of Indian Export Organisations
* Faculty to Indian Trade Promotion Organisation.
* Adviser, Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce.
* Faculty to the Academy of Central Excise and Customs.
* Expert Faculty, Mascarenah’s Institute of Management, Mauritius.
* Faculty, London Institute of Technology and Research (LITR),London.
* Faculty, South London University Campus, Dubai, U.A.E.
Authored books :
a) ‘International Business’ - Jaico Publication Approved as a reference book in Saint Mary`s College at California, USA, and as a text book in University of Mumbai.
b)‘Doing Business Around the World” – Ahmedabad Management Association
c) Selective Sectors in Foreign Trade for Vibrant Gujarat- Government of Gujarat.
Major national level seminars conducted
a) Six continents in a day.
b) Cost cutting techniques for exports
c) Competitive advantages of India in foreign trade
d) Global sourcing for competitiveness
e) Globalizing Indian agriculture
f) SEZ-Gujarat advantages
g) Revival of Chemical clusters of Gujarat
h) Competing the world through Indian handicrafts
i) Export opportunities for Agro-processing sector
j) Competitive advantages of Indian healthcare and pharmaceutical sector
k) Export potential for Indian Gems and jewellery
l) Doing Business with NAFTA
m) Doing business with European bloc
n) Doing business with ASEAN
o) Doing business with Latin America
p) Doing business with China
q) Export potential for Indian granites and tea
-- many more market focused and product focused programs purely based on intensive research and practice
* M.A.First Class from Madurai University. Tamil Nadu Ranked - First
* Ph.D in International Marketing (Florida State University) 1990
* F.D.P. Faculty Development Programme (IIM- Ahmedabad)
* PGDEM (Post Graduate Diploma in Export Management) Mumbai.
* Diploma in Journalism from Mumbai.
* Advanced training program in California.
The population is a boon, not a bane; it was a pressure once, but today it is a catalyst for growth. The population myth is broken and the result is the status of two economies in Asia to spearhead others. If the population remains as mere human beings, it is dangerous and liability. Instead, if it is converted into assets, it would be human capital.
It is the duty of every institution to convert human beings as human capital and assets. Well trained, learned, determined and performance oriented entrepreneurs and professionals are needed in the great nation to sustain its growth. A huge number of deliverable youth are to be trained in skill sets and functional knowledge, that too, at a speed of light, otherwise, others will overtake us soon. The transformation could be witnessed solely by rigorous training of the youth with high ethical values.
SREEVEE BUSINESS SCHOOL, with its well researched output has learnt that millions of hardworking and ready to work human assets are available in the interior parts of the country. If they are nurtured and groomed with fine tuning professionalism, it would be an unprecedented social transformation or revolution in India, as they have the inherent strength of hard work with them already.
The ever growing requirements in the field of exports, imports, logistics, banking operations, financial services, insurance and so on could be fulfilled through trained graduates. The pedagogy, environment, mentoring and infrastructure would be obviously conducive for better learning. SREEVEE dreams and envisions of glorious days for the rural youth through unique learning process.
SREEVEE BUSINESS SCHOOL will bring a memorable experience in professional education. Have a nice and pleasant days in the campus at the heart of Tamil Nadu.